The Norwin School District Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Program is committed to helping all students develop the necessary personal, social, academic, and professional values that will assist them in becoming productive and responsible students and citizens as they prepare for their roles in our ever-changing global society.
The Norwin Counselors’ Believe that
- The K-12 Comprehensive Counseling Program will be readily available to school staff, students, parents and community.
- The school, parents and community should benefit from partnerships that collaboratively use resources to promote and develop student competencies.
- Counseling services should help students adjust to the personal, social, emotional and academic developmental changes that occur during their lives.
- Counseling services should help students develop a positive attitude of self and others, aiding in personal and social growth.
- All students are unique and should be prepared to become contributing members of society.
- All students should be responsible self-managers in school, home and the community.
- All students should learn the importance of accepting themselves and the cultural diversity of others in order to grow and flourish in society.
- There should be a method of on-going monitoring to ensure that all students show yearly academic growth in K-12 student competencies.
- Data should drive the development of programs that are geared toward the academic well-being and development of all students.