Senior Internship Opportunities
The Norwin High School Senior Internship Opportunities allows 12th grade students to gain authentic working experiences at a job that may become a future career; develop job-related skills; receive on-the-job training, and interact with adults in a professional setting. Students who are interested in an afterschool internship during their senior year must complete an application that can be obtained through the High School Guidance Office. The application form will indicate current internship business partners. An up-to-date listing will be kept on the District webpage. Completion of an application does not guarantee an internship.
· Internships are not guaranteed. They are contingent upon the need within a business.
· Students may need to interview with the selected business before being accepted for an internship.
· Internships may be paid or unpaid. The business will make that determination.
· Internships may be short and long-term.
· Internships occur after the school day. The business will create the interns’ schedule with input from the intern and the school.
· Once an internship is secured, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure regular attendance at work and to act in a professional manner. An internship may be terminated at any time by the business providing the internship.
· Students may only intern at businesses that have agreed to partner with the District.
· The business partners may terminate the internship at anytime.
· Students are responsible for all expenses that may be incurred as a result of the internship.
· Students are responsible for transportation to and from the internship.
· Students do not get course credit for the internships.