Aerospace Science: Cultural Studies - An Introduction to Global Awareness
The Cultural Studies Course is a customized course about the world’s cultures. It introduces students to the world’s cultures through the study of world affairs, regional studies, and cultural awareness. The course delves into history, geography, religions, languages, culture, political systems, economics, social issues, environmental concerns, and human rights. It looks at major events and significant figures that have shaped each region. Throughout the course, there are readings, video segments, hands-on activities, other optional activities, technology enrichment, and assessments to guide in the reinforcement of the materials.
Cultural Studies course outcomes are:
- Know how historical, geographic, religious, & ethnic factors have shaped the major world regions.
- Know how economic, political, and social factors impact cultures.
- Know how environmental resources influence global economic development.
- Know how population density, famine, war, and immigration influence the world.
- Know how economic systems of communism & capitalism have shaped world regions.
- Comprehend how cultural perspectives of time, space, context, authority, interpersonal relationships, and orientation to community affect interactions among people.