Participating in or Watching Board Meetings
- Board Legislative Meeting: 6:30 p.m. Monday, April 19, 2021
- Please enter through either Door No. 7. Doors will open at 6:25 p.m.
- Please note that face masks are required for all attendees and participants in order to be admitted into the building. This requirement will be in place until the face covering mandate from the Pa. Department of Health is rescinded.
- Opportunities for public comment will be provided.
- Those wishing to provide public comment in person will be required to fill out a public comment form at the meeting.
- Those who cannot attend the meeting in person, but still wish to make a comment, will have the option of asking a question by telephone while the meetings are at Hahntown. Please use this Google Form to sign up for public comment only if you cannot attend the meeting in person at Hahntown Elementary.
- Below is a table describing the various ways the public can engage with Norwin Board of Education meetings.
HOW TO ACCESS
|1. Read the meeting agenda||
Click here to view the Board meeting agenda for April 19, 2021.
2. View a livestream of the meeting
(to observe only and not make a public comment)
Visit Norwin School District's official YouTube channel at the meeting time to view a livestream of the meeting. This option will continue to be available while meetings are held at Hahntown Elementary.
Link to YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/NorwinSchoolDistrict
3. Ask a question by phone
(Please use this option only if you wish to speak or ask a question and cannot attend the meeting in person at Hahntown Elementary).
Please use this Google Form to sign up for public comment only if you cannot attend the meeting in person at Hahntown Elementary.
To ensure your request is processed in a timely fashion, please complete the form prior to the meeting. Form submissions can also be submitted during the meeting.
Please note that all speakers will be limited to two minutes each.
Please review Policy 006.2, Public Participation at Board Meetings.
|4. View a recording
This will be provided within the BoardDocs Agenda webspace on the District website the day after the meeting. The District's YouTube channel is another option to watch past videos.
Meetings of the School Board are conducted at the District's Administrative Office on the second and third Mondays of each month respectively. School Board meeting dates are established in December of the previous school year.
Meeting dates are made available to the public via the media, and are posted outside of the District Administrative Offices. All deliberations and official business of the Board are conducted in open, public sessions. The Board may, however, conduct an Executive Session, which is not open to the public. The presiding officer shall announce the purpose of an Executive Session prior to convening or during the Board President's report. Under the Sunshine Act, 65 P.S. 271, et seq., the Board may discuss the following matters in an Executive Session: employment issues, personnel matters, labor relations, the purchase or lease of real estate, consultation with an attorney or other professional advisors regarding potential litigation or identifiable complaints which may lead to litigation, and matters which must be conducted in private to protect the lawful privilege of confidentiality. Even if a matter/issue is appropriately discussed in Executive Session, official action must be taken in public. The Board President shall call for public comments before voting on agenda items.