Digital Safety Resources for Parents
At Norwin School District, we believe in teaching students to be appropriate and use technology responsibly.
To assist parents in our ever-changing technological world, Norwin School District encourages families to use the digital safety resources on this website.
These can be used to start a conversation with your children about responsible digital citizenship, learn tools and tips to protect your students online, and keep an eye on digital activities.
Cell Phone and Smartphone Use
- 5 Surefire Ways to Protect Your Kid's Online Privacy
- 8 Rules for Safe Smartphone Use
- What is Periscope?
- How to Change Your iPhone to Grayscale
- Parents’ Guide to Smart Phone Safety
Screen Time Parenting Tips
- 4 Essential Tips for Your Young YouTuber
- 5 Ways to Make YouTube Safer for Kids
- What Kids are Watching on YouTube
- 4 Questions That Will Clue You into Your Kid’s YouTube Life
- How to Keep Your Kids Safe on YouTube: 5 Easy Ways to Help Filter Content
- How to Keep Your Children Safe on YouTube
- How to Make YouTube Kids Safer for Your Children
- A Parent's Ultimate Guide to YouTube
- YouTube Parental Controls
- Online Safety Tips for Parents / Kids 2018
Social Media and Apps
- 6 Ways Your Kids Can Protect Their Online Identities
- What is Messenger Kids?
- 6 Confusing Social Media Terms Explained
- 5 Social Media Rules for Teens and Tweens
- What is Instagram?
- What Is Kik Messenger?
- What is Snapchat?
- Protecting Your Kids on Social Media
- Social Media Safety for Teens
- 5 Tips for Dealing with Haters and Trolls
- 5 Ways to Stop Cyberbullies
- What is Sarahah?
- 4 Ways to Help Teens Avoid Digital Harassment
- Cyberbullying Unplugged
- CyberBullying: A Word for Parents
Discussing Sexting with Your Student
- 8 Things You and Your Teen Need to Know About Sexting
- Talking About "Sexting"
- Common Sense Media Handbook for Sexting
- How to Stop Your Babysitter from Sexting, Texting, and Tweeting on the Job
- Sneaky Camera Apps Parents Should Know About
- Tips to Prevent Sexting for Teens
- Talking to Teens About Sexting
- You Sent a Sext, Now What?
General Internet Safety Tips