STEM Education refers to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Norwin School District is providing an ever-increasing array of learning opportunities in these subject areas for students, as demonstrated in this slideshow.
Here are some eye-opening facts:
- STEM jobs are predicted to increase 10% over the next ten years.
- Non-STEM jobs are predicted to grow by only 4%.
- The wage disparity or gap between STEM and Non-STEM jobs is $9.55 per hour.
- Countries other than the United States are producing many more scientists and engineers than the United States.
- The total number of STEM employees predicted to be needed during the next 10 to 15 years is approximately 35,000 to 50,000 in southwestern Pennsylvania alone.
In this section of the Web site, you can learn about:
- Questions and Answers about STEM Education.
- The history of STEM Education at Norwin.
- Slideshows of recent STEM learning activities in robotics, chemistry, technology education, and more.