Starting February 22, 2024, Norwin School District will begin registering children for the 2024-2025 kindergarten classes.
Beginning Thursday, February 22, 2024, parents wishing to register should visit the Norwin School District website at www.norwinsd.org and navigate to the Registration tab on the main menu bar, then Registration Information, to access the site and complete all necessary pre-registration forms. Once the required pre-registration information is entered, parents will be able to schedule a registration appointment, which will occur in March at the elementary building where the child will attend kindergarten. During the March registration appointment, the child will meet with school personnel and the parent/guardian will meet with a registration secretary to review paperwork and complete the registration process.
If any family does not have access to a computer to complete the pre-registration process, they can use a computer at the Norwin Public Library or the elementary building where the child will attend kindergarten. The online pre-registration process must be completed prior to being able to schedule a registration appointment for the child and parent/guardian in March.
“We have experienced success with the online registration system during the past few years and parents are able to complete the majority of the process at home. Those who complete the online registration process more quickly will have first availability for the registration appointments at the schools,” said Dr. Natalie McCracken, Assistant Superintendent.
Children must reside within School District boundaries and be five years of age before September 1, 2024, to be eligible for kindergarten.
Questions regarding the registration process may be directed to the building secretary or principal in any Norwin elementary school.
Those unsure which elementary school the child will attend:
- Visit the District Web page at www.norwinsd.org
- Navigate to the Registration tab, then click Registration Information
- Click on Registration Information, and click on K-4 Attendance Street Listing
- Or Contact Dr. Natalie A. McCracken, Assistant Superintendent at 724-861-3021.
The Norwin School District elementary schools include:
- Hahntown Elementary School; 724-861-3020
- Brigance Screening Date: March 19, 2024
- Sheridan Terrace Elementary School; 724-861-3025
- Brigance Screening Date: March 14, 2024
- Stewartsville Elementary School; 724-861-3030
- Brigance Screening Date: March 22, 2024
- Sunset Valley Elementary School; 724-861-3035
- Brigance Screening Date: March 11, 2024
The Registration process is not available for incoming Kindergarten student
until February 22.
until February 22.