SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER (Start date approximately mid-January, 2024)
The Norwin School District is accepting applications for a School Social Worker.
This position is a full-time position and is part of the Norwin Education Association (NEA) teacher’s contract.
The following is required:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Valid State Social Work License (LSW or LCSW)
- Valid, active Pennsylvania School Social Worker Educational Specialist certificate (preferred or LSW or LCSW currently enrolled in a PDE-approved school social worker program
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in an educational environment (preferred)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment in prioritizing tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, parents, and school staff
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individual and group counseling
- Conduct social skills groups
- Design effective school interventions
- Participate in Student Assistance Program
- Provide information about community resources and assist families in obtaining services
- Crisis intervention
- Develop attendance improvement plans
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams
- Develop and monitor measurable annual IEP goals
Interested applicants should click on the APPLY button to apply on-line. Current Acts 24, 34, 151, FBI clearances, Act 126 Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting training (Parts I and II), Act 168 background check(s), and pre-employment drug testing will be required upon offer of employment. Deadline to apply is Monday, December 11, 2023
Hard copy applications should not be submitted.
- Must be an RN or an LPN, hold a current nursing license
- Salary for Full-Time or PT/RN - $22.95/hour
- Salary for Full-Time or PT/LPN - $20.40/hour
- Salary for Substitute School Nurse - $150/day
- Salary for Substitute Non-Certified School Nurse - $15.30/hour
- Available primarily for 2nd and 3rd shift work
- Full-Time pay rate is $15.30/hour
- Click Apply button below to submit application online. We cannot accept printed application..
*** IMMEDIATE NEED ***
Substitute Cafeteria Workers (leading to permanent positions)
- No evenings or weekends; variable hours available during the day
- Substitute pay rate is $13.30/hour
- Step 1: Click Apply button below to submit application under Food Service General Worker
- Step 2: Contact Rod Stewart, Director of Food & Nutrition Services at 724.861.3000 x1131 or [email protected]
Permanent (for the school year), and extended/long-term substitute paraprofessional positions are available throughout the year in Learning Support, Life Skills, Autistic Support, Emotional Support, and one-on-one student paraprofessionals.
Paraprofessional Pay Rates:
- Permanent/full-time Certified (Teacher Certified) - $21.95/hour
- Permanent/full-time Emergency Certified - $20.70/hour
- Permanent/full-time Non-Certified - $17.35/hour
- Substitute Certified (Teacher Certified) - $16.35/hour
- Substitute Emergency Certified * - $15.30/hour
- Substitute Non-Certified - $13.30/hour
* To be eligible for "Emergency Certification," you must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
Important Details for Paraprofessional Positions:
- Typically, paraprofessional positions are hired on a year-to-year basis
- Up to three (3) sick days and bereavement are provided per year
- Single Coverage Healthcare Benefits provided - $50/pay
- Family Medical & Dental Coverage available for purchase at District cost
- Teacher Certified & Emergency Certified
- All areas of certification needed
- Substitute teachers may need to teach in-person, synchronous, and/or remotely as needed in order to meet District needs
- Pay rate has been recently increased to $150/day for day to day substitutes, $160 for Assigned Building Substitute Teachers, and $200/day for "extended" substitute teacher assignments (6-89 days)
- Substitute pay rate is $13.30/hour - various positions available on an as-needed basis
- Click Apply button below to submit application under Secretarial. We cannot accept printed applications.
- $10.20/hour - 2.25 hrs/day
- Interested applicants can apply online by clicking on the Apply button below and select Food Service Monitor.
Important Information for All Applicants
- Current Acts 24, 34, Act 151, FBI Clearances, Two parts to the Act 126: Act 126 Child Abuse Recognition & Reporting Mandated Training and Act 126 Educator Discipline Act Training, and 168 Background check(s) must be submitted before being permitted to work.
- Applications are accepted at any time during the year and are typically kept on file for a period of one (1) school year.
- Applicants are responsible to ensure their application information is updated.
- Hard copy applications and/or credentials should not be mailed to the District.
- When you click the Apply button, please be advised that:
- Not all of the the positions listed in our Fast Track system are open positions. The Fast Track system houses all applications coming into the District whether they are solicited or unsolicited.
- Typically, a specific open & posted position will have a department and a location attached to the posting, as well as a deadline date to apply (not "until filled").
- If there are no vacancies, any applications submitted will remain on this site for a period of at least one (1) school year.
- You may update your application at any time after submission. In order to keep your application from being purged, there must be login activity.